09/09/2017

Moments flashing by

I see some sad moments last summer
when two ladies I knew passed away,
the tears wouldn't stop, the loss hurt so bad
oh, how I wish they would stay
I really can not believe they are gone
leaving us
alone

sitting by the edge of the sea
I re-live that feeling
you and me:


I see happy moments last summer,
where I'm pinching my arm: can it be?
am I really so lucky to live to see all this
with my loved ones, with my "we"
and that joyous part: feeling free
it wasn't always like that
for me

early morning, crawling out, my hair is a mess
looking up at the sky, stretch and breathe, no stress:


I re-live the moments, I cherish them so
they are kept in my heart
I will not let them go

follow a sunset with it's soft pinkish light
grateful just to be 
when day becomes night:


 

a sweaty hike up, overlooking the view
seeing someone I love,
you:


So, I sit here, my friend, and the moments flash by
many brings out wild laughter, and of others I cry
and that is ok, because lucky me
I am alive
and free

9 comments:

  1. Poignant! In our mad race we forget to stop and count our blessings, be happy and content with what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics you have posted with each verse; they seem to compliment the emotions expressed there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what life is - ups and downs all the way. All we have to do is learn to accept it in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is all about living in the moment. Love your message through your beautiful words and gorgeous scenic views. I am sorry for your loss. Love and hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some really beautiful moments in our life that we will never forget, ever. Ah, but it would be really good if we cease taking these joys for granted and be thankful for having those happy moments.
    Hugs to you, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post Eli, your words are reverberating with an undying spirit of love for live. Hugs my dear friend, from one heart to another. I am happy for you, for I know you are smiling wherever you are, may God bless you always <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sitting in a quite place bring so much happiness and it gives us a moment to feel every moment. Hope you are fine now. Love and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Eli,
    Yes, over the year we went through all sorts of emotions and losing a dear friend or a loved one, hurts for quite a while. But it is also part of the package that we call 'life'. Having a loved one to share happiness and sorrow is all what matters.
    Yes, being alive and feeling free...
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    So grateful that our home is not damaged and we had only 8 hrs without power when Irma passed over us. Two days without Internet and TV was not bad either... Now catching up on life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flash back bring emotions that are stored within, and loosing someone creates a emptiness in us, their memories bring in happiness... lovely thoughts made me reflect, thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for taking your time to leave one.