16/02/2017

Andante Andante

A year has passed, since February last
and when March came along,

she was gone

a column in my life, my mum, she was
- still it's an unbearable loss

yet,
I know she would be glad for me
happy - that I'm strong and free

- with friends and family, lucky me
to be so loved, and so was she

- and there on my way from work to home
my tears just flow - because of this tone

a song that reminds me of the past,
and that some good things - they do not last

but some things do, if you believe it to be so
give it a chance - and a tender love will grow

Andante is my song today
for friendship and for love - to stay

so cherish what you have, my friend
believe in love, until the end

like she did
like she wanted me to

touch my soul
you know how
andante andante
go slowly with me now

I'm your music 
I'm your song
play me time and time again
and make me strong 

andante andante
tread lightly on my ground 


One year ago, I wrote this poem. This year I feel the same. I am the same. Just stronger, happier. Still me:

__________________________________________________

My Valentine

come to me
come and see 
who I am
the real me 

I am not the abuse
I am not what he did 
I am not just simply my trauma

I'm the courage that escaped 
I'm the cleverness that survived 
I'm the power that protected my tiny spark of flame 

oh my Valentine
you do get me right 
you give hope that I can love again 

you do fan my spark
into firecrackers bright
you see me 
with your eyes open wide 

you see beyond and you sense
and you know me so well
a new love
but we've always just known one another 

oh my Valentine 
you read all my signs 
I am yours 
and you know it is so

with respect, joy and laughs
we are like half and half
and together we're one of a kind 

I love you
you love me   
there is hope
I now see   
and believe

Lucky me 
with my Valentine


ABBA: Andante. Andante:



22 comments:

  1. Dearest Eli,
    Touching poem...
    Yes, my Mom did reside in heaven 2 years on January 27... How time passes and life goes on!
    So happy you found your Valentine and no doubt your Mom is watching over you as your very special Angel.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such strength and love, God bless Eli. A moms love never stops. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resilience. Healing. These poems are both so emotional, so touching. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much love and I'm so glad that you are healing. Such a beautiful tribute this is. Your mom will surely be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully worded poem! Full of love. Loved it, Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She would be happy for you, Eli. She is in a good place even now, believe me.

    Love to you ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of love back dear friend. Thanks alot Alok

      Delete
  7. Your mom must surely be so happy for you, Eli!
    Hugs to you, my dear! And, lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a touching poem and yet like I always feel about your writing - there is optimism too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand your loss Eli! Losing a parent is never easy. I'm glad that you are healing. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs, my friend. The poem tugs at your hear and is healing too. You are a courageous soul and I am sure your mom would be happy for you. You have found happiness and you spread happiness. :) Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Aditi, your words make me so happy - lots of love my friend. xxx

      Delete
  11. My eyes are watery right now, dear friend a lot of emotions but at a loss of words. I am so so happy for you, God bless you and keep spreading your light <3 Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sweetie, thank you so much... lots of love back to you my dear friend. XXXX Big hugs and alot of love

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for taking your time to leave one.