19/09/2015

Photo memory - what's with this one?

Do you like taking photos? If you do, do you have any favourite motives? Or some scenery that you like to capture in particular? Thinking about it, I enjoy taking pictures of people from behind.

Yes, it sounds I bit weird, I agree. But that's how it is, and I admit it. I like capture people sitting looking over the sea or water or admiring the view. They don't see me, and I like watching them watching something that they obviously like or feel strongly about. Without them seeing me seeing them, if you know what I mean?

Then I like to look at smiling faces, genuine smiles looking straight in to the camera lens. Right at me. People looking happy and relaxed. And smiling, not because of the lens, but because they simply feel like smiling, laughing. So I like having people in my pictures: old, young, women, men, kids. People.

But once in a while, I click a picture that I really really like, without knowing why. And I can just sit and watch it. Again and again. It is for some reason moving to me. It brings out an emotion. Let me show you a picture that does that to me. A photo memory. A moment captured. Is it the colours? The nature? The fluttering white sheets. The vibrant green trees. The blue sky. The red barn. The memory of the very day the picture was taken? The thought of strolling down that path on that sunny day? Walking from the shade and out in to the sunlight?

I don't know. It just speaks to me.


Do you like this one? What are your favourite photos? Please share. 

26 comments:

  1. I like the way the sheet's movement is captured in this photo. You're right. The best pictures are those that bring back a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Eli.I love the photos which simply bring a smile on my face whenever I see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do that! Something captures me, I don't know what it is, but I get the urge to capture it on my camera. :)
    Everything tells a story, so do these fluttering white sheets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Aditi dear:-) Thanks for sharing:-)

      Delete
  4. I really like that photo too, there is an air of peace about it. I have my 10 favorite photos hanging on the wall, they are all travel, but very different from each other in every other aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Eli,
    Looking at your photo here, I can smell the freshness of Mom's air-dried sheets back in the 50s and 60s. She still continued drying her laundry like that as she never got a dryer...
    But yes, that smell can bring out a strong emotion and by looking at such a photo that captured more than the meets the eye...
    Sure, I too have fond photos of funny settings, laughter or happiness and not scenes that were set up for the camera. Spontaneous laughter makes us hear it and reliving it many times over, even if the moment long has passed.
    Hugs and happy Sunday!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thats lovely dear Mariette. Thank you so much for sharing this:-) Big hugs

      Delete
  6. There are some pics that stay with us and has an aura, magnetism that attract us. From time to time, I go on a clicking spree:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you write about the memories some of the photos evoke, dear Eli. Your post made me think too, yes - there are some photos that I really really like and I don't know why. Wonderful post and equally beautiful photo memory! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Arti dear- so happy to see you here:-)

      Delete
  8. This photo speaks of love ... it has warmth and caring and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture evokes such a sense of peace Eli - a sense of happy routine that I love. However I'd probably never think of clicking a picture like this. I go for faces and people and happy moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture almost looks live! Well done, Eli. It conjures up the beauty of a sunny day. I have an architectural bent and love taking pictures of ruins, buildings, etc. People usually get in the way. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Deb:-) Hahaha - yes, true, those people...:-)

      Delete
  11. All of my pictures capture memories...and that is what I love best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, just seen your new blog and read your profile. Sorry to hear you went through divorce. I had no idea. Although I haven't experienced such turmoil, I found it very very hard coming back from India and it took me a year to deal with reverse culture clash. Only just feeling back to normal now. I miss writing my blog BombayJules and I don't think I will write another one as nowhere will ever be as fascinating as Mumbai to me! Anyway, just a note to wish you the best with your writing and your new blog, I can see it has really taken off!! Ciao Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, happy to see you here Jules:-) Thanks for the kind words and for sharing. Hugs

      Delete
  13. I think we really need to meet Eli.. I don't like clicking pictures, but I do like posing and getting clicked and smiling and looking straight into the camera.. I like candid photos as well..

    It's important for people like us to have people like you.. win-win situtation you see ;)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - that we should then :-) Hugs to you

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for taking your time to leave one.