This year, joy, to me, means gratitude
This year, I smile as I light my candle, and the warmth is spreading in my body as I watch the yellow flame grow strong and the dark room gets a soft warm shade of light. I smile, because I feel peaceful, content and strong. And maybe you will smile, reading on now, because my gratitude list may be something you take for granted in your everyday life. I did not. I do not. Not any more.
This year I embrace and appreciate these simple things. Because I did not always have them. Neither did I know I was suppose to.
This year I do. Now I do.
This year I light my candle for joy and I feel humble and happy that:
- I can dry my wet umbrella wherever I want to dry it
- I can leave the crumbles at the kitchen bench (if I want to)
- I can go out with my friends without checking my phone every second
- I can decorate my home for Christmas today (if I want to)
- I can light a candle when and where I want, without anyone stopping me
I am grateful for:
- Having freedom to be me
- My two amazing children
- My parents
- My sister and her family
- My special friend who has filled my heart with love and joy
- My amazing friends who are with me through tears and laughter. My wing-women. One for all. All for one. Always.
- My network of blogger friends: you mean more to me than you will ever know
Light a candle for your blessings. Count them. Light a candle for gratitude. For joy.